Voted Best Summer Camp by Northern Virginia Magazine 2016 and 2017!
Summer Riding Camp
Improve your skills, knowledge and experience with horses
and have lots of fun doing it!
- HORSE EDUCATION
- RIDING INSTRUCTION
- GENERAL HORSEMANSHIP
- GYMKANA (GAMES ON HORSEBACK)
The Mulford Riding School Riding Camps are a hit every year. Camp participants have so much fun in this active and super-fun camp. The kids participate in all kinds of activities.
Here are a few pictures from a recent Riding Camp…
This is a VERY popular camp and sells out every year. Reserve your spot today!
For Summer Riding Camp, you’ll need to bring the following items:
- Appropriate riding attire
- Two (2) water bottles
- Mid-morning snack
- Bag lunch
- Bathing suit & towel
- Horseback riding paddock boots
- Certified horseback riding helmet
- Riding britches
- Any shirt appropriate for the weather
If you need to buy the proper clothing or gear, Dover Saddlery will have everything you need. Visit Dover Here.
COST $525 Per Week
Camp Daily Schedule: 9:00 to 2:00 (Extended time 2:00-4:00 is $20 per day)
This is a general daily schedule. Activities and times may change. Almost the entire day is spent at the barn with the horses. Riding time varies daily, but is approximately an hour and fifteen minutes of riding every day.
- 9:00 to 9:15 – Arrival
- 9:15 to 9:30 – Feed horses
- 9:30 to 9:50 – Water, hay and barn cleaning
- 9:50-10:10 – Groom horses
- 10:10-10:30 – Snack break and bathroom break in air-conditioned room (snack NOT provided)
- 10:30-10:45 – Tack up, put on saddle and bridle
- 10:45-12:00 – Group 1 Riding Lesson & Game
- 10:45-12:00 – Group 2 Barn Activities such as…
- Horse care
- Horse psychology
- Horse management
- Academics and games
- Paint horses
- 12:00-1:15 – Group 2 Riding Lesson & Game
- 12:00-1:15 – Group 1 Barn Activities
- 1:15-1:35 – Lunch
- 1:35-2:00 – Monday and Tuesday games; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – Pool
- 2:00-4:00 – Extended Time – COST additional $20 per day. * If Extended Day is not purchased during registration, it will be charged at $30 per day or $15 per hour.
Wednesday Thursday Friday pool
Extended Time – COST additional $20 per day includes feeding horses, cleaning, extra swim and games. Riding is not guaranteed during this time. NOTE: If Extended Day is not purchased during registration, it will be charged at $30 per day or $15 per hour.
Summer Camp 2018