Trail Rides (Experience Required)
We have beautiful battlefield trail rides along the Bull Run River for experienced riders. The trail ride is an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half long. It is a leisure trail ride.
You must be able to check your tack and girth. You must be able to handle your horse in a trail situation and control your horse at a trot or canter if it occurs.
(If you don't have experience, see Family Outing information below.)
- Trail Ride Scheduling – 7 Days between 10-4
- Private trail ride – you, your group and the guide.
- We don’t mix your group with other groups.
- Schedule at least 3-4 days in advance (we fill up!)
Because of the nature of trail rides and because of the type and size of our horses, participants are limited to the following weight and height restrictions:
- 6 – 6’3 must be under 220 Lbs
- 5’8 – 5’11 feet must be under 190 lbs
- 5’4 – 5’7 must be under 160 lbs
- Under 5’4 must be under 140 lbs
- Age requirement: must be at least 13 years old
- Must be in good physical condition and health.
Under 18 years old needs a Parental Release.
$125 for one person
$95 per person for 2 or more people
($20 tip per rider is customary)
Trail rides go out every day. Text for schedule.
For questions or to BOOK please call or text 703-946-7595.
Not Experienced? No problem! You’re still in luck for a great time!
The Family Lesson
- No experience needed!
- Great for a date for two or bring your family!
This is a great alternative to the trail ride. For 2 to 8 people. You will enjoy working with your own horse and helper as you learn to groom and tack up your horse as well as ride. You will learn how to mount, your balanced position, how to walk, halt and turn. We will do a game in the woods, a small trail and then a little bit of trotting as well.
This is a great activity to do with a friend or your family!
Time: hour and a half
Cost: 2 people $95 per person
3-4 people $75 per person
5-8 people $65 per person
Sign up now as scheduling books fast. Go to Family Group Lesson to purchase.
For children 2.5 to 7 we also offer pony rides. $30 for a 20 minute ride.